Today I’ve joined forces with the lovely Livi from Beau Maquillage to let you know five of our favourite fragrances right now! I’ll give you a brief scent description of each perfume and let you know a bit about how I discovered them 🙂
1. Recently Discovered – Marc Jacobs Daisy – ‘Daisy is radiant and enchanting fragrance with a floral femininity. Wild strawberry and ruby red grapefruit give the scent a luscious natural freshness, while the base notes of musk and vanilla give a warm sensuality.’
This is such a lovely fragrance, I recently discovered this as my friend was wearing it and I just thought ‘Wow! I need that!’, I’ll hopefully be getting my hands on a bottle shortly!
2. Daytime favourite – Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Summer – ‘An oriental floral fragrance for contemporary women, Light, crisp, sweet, powdery & enlivening. Top notes of orange blossom, Clementine & Sicilian lemon. Heart notes of Sambac jasmine, rose, lily of the valley, white iris & ylang-ylang. Base notes of vanilla, musk & amber.’
I discovered this a few years ago at Stanstead Duty Free, I already had a bottle of Classique which I loved so thought I’d give this a sniff. It’s like a more citrussy, daytime version of Classique. It reminds me of holidays 🙂
3. Evening Favourite – Jean Paul Gaultier Classique – ‘A totally seductive fragrance…
Sensual, sophisticated, bewitchingly seductive rose. Jean Paul Gaultier Classique reveals your sensuality, just as lace reveals your skin. A fragrance with sensual, ultra-feminine notes. The ideal fragrance for a seductive, dominant woman with sensual curves.’
This perfume has been my long term best friend, I discovered it in Boots many years ago and instantly fell in love.
4. Best Value for Money – Lady Gaga Fame – ‘The perfume envelops a DARK ACCORD inspired by Belladonna, the deadly nightshade possessed by haunted beauties since the 18th century. Burning incense veils the aura of forbidden fruit and creates a sweet, fatal seduction. From this heart of darkness, the fragrance evolves to a SENSUAL ACCORD of opulence, a fusion of dripping honey, saffron and apricot nectar. A LIGHT ACCORD whispers magnificence. The rich floral layer of crushed tiger orchidea & jasmine sambac embody timeless beauty.’
Trust Lady Gaga’s perfume to have a massive description, ha ha! And this was only part of it! I actually bought this on pre-order as soon as it was available, I hadn’t tested it but I thought at only £24 for 30ml it would be worth a punt. I love this for a daytime fragrance and wear it most days – it’s really fruity on me! The only negative I would say is that the scent doesn’t have great staying power so you have to keep re-applying. You can buy this now for as little as £16 for 30ml.
5. All time favourite – Tom Ford Black Orchid – ‘Tom Ford`s luxuriously indulgent signature scent, sure to captivate your senses like no other. The attention is captured by a sensuous blend of Black Truffle and Ylang mingled with fresh Bergamot and delectable Black Currant. A dramatic signature unfolds with the custom-made Tom Ford Black Orchid blended with dark, tempting florals and rich fruit accords. The heart is deepened with the intoxicating Lotus Wood. The decadent Noir Gourmand Accord is balanced by Patchouli-incense and Vetiver. Vanilla tears add a fluid creaminess to warm Balsam and smooth Sandalwood.’
Doesn’t the description just make you want to run out and try it!! Black Orchid has to be my absolute favourite scent – discovered from a sample in a magazine. I always feel fabulous when I wear this and I try to save it for special occasions, though I actually wear it quite often. I’m so excited that the full range of fragrances will be available at Jarrolds in Norwich later this year, I can’t wait to try them all!
I hope you enjoyed this post – I’d love to hear your favourite fragrances! xxx
Don’t forget to check out Livi’s post here!
Bloglovin' | Email | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | RSS Feed | Google+ | Tumblr