I was recently contacted by GiffGaff to put together a blog post for beauty lovers living on a budget. I thought this was a great idea because as of today I’m starting a self imposed spending ban for the whole of July – eek! It’s going to be pretty tough! So here are my tips for living on a budget if you’re completely makeup mad like I am…
- If you’re a fan of high end (expensive) products, as I am, – do your research! With a little online investigation you may be able to find a fantastic budget priced dupe, so you get the product you want (pretty much) without breaking the bank!
- Shop your stash! This is what I’m doing at the moment due to my spending ban. If you’re not familiar with the term it basically means go through your current stash of products and fall in love with them all over again! You bought them because you liked them in the first place, remember? You’ll be amazed at how exciting it is to rediscover old products again!
- Swap with your friends! Ok so I probably wouldn’t recommend swapping mascaras, you don’t want to be catching any stys or anything. But beauty items such as lipsticks, blushers and nail polishes are fab products to swap. So get your chums together and host a swapping party!
- Wait for sales… If you can. You can do it!!
- Ebay? Ok I suggest eBay with caution, there are dodgy sellers out there, and there are more fakes than you can shake a stick at. But, if you dig out the reputable sellers there are plenty of amazing deals to be had.
- Samples. You know that £40 foundation you’ve been dying for? Well why don’t you go to a counter and try it out? It might not be all it’s hyped up to be, or it may not suit your skin? And even if you do like it, you’ve tried it out for free 🙂
- Cash only. Give yourself a spending budget for the month, take the dosh out of the cash machine and use that money and only that for your spending. It might be a
fungood idea to also put your debit / credit / store cards in a tub of water in the freezer. There’ll be no spending on that plastic in a hurry!
- Stalk your local pound shops. Believe it or not, I’ve heard of some pretty big brand makeup names appearing as if by magic in the good old 99p stores. They’re definitely worth a look! (Also be sure to check out TK Maxx!)
Ok so that’s about all I can think of at the moment! I’d love to hear if you have any tips for living on a budget? xxx
Bloglovin' | Email | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | RSS Feed | Google+ | Tumblr