Today I’m talking about beauty icons – do you know who yours would be? When I think of who inspires me in terms of beauty, I instantly think of The Queen of the Cat Eye, Alexa Chung! There’s plenty of celebrities who’s beauty style I love and inspire me, but Alexa just has that effortlessly beautiful look… fresh clean skin, a nude lip and of course a cat eye flick – what more does a girl need!?
Eyeliner is ‘my thing’ and the main part of Alexa’s signature look – I think this is why she appeals so much to me. She always looks beautiful and has that I-just-rolled-out-of-bed-but-still-look-amazing look going on, like she’s not even trying. With those tousled beachy waves, her casual boho style and flawless skin. I’d quite happily live a day in her shoes!
Ok so I’ve put together a little Alexa checklist for my look! This is what I need to accomplish –
- Flawless yet dewy, youthful looking skin.
- Neutral eyelids with a slight shimmer.
- The blackest black, super sharp eyeliner.
- Nude coloured matte or satin finish lips.
Let’s do this!
I love that her beauty look is easy to achieve for everyone – with either high end or budget beauty products, there’s a way anyone and everyone can create this on themselves!
And these are the products I chose to create the look:
- Chanel Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing Foundation in Clair – This is one of my long-time favourite foundations, it works amazingly well on my skin which tends to be dry, and it has the perfect formula to give skin a luminous, glowing finish.
- Seventeen Phwoarr Paint in Fair – I use this to cover redness, blemishes and my ever impressive under eye bags. This is easily the best high street concealer I’ve come across for coverage.
- MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo in Force of Nature – This is such a beautiful shimmer duo. I used the lightest shade only for a wash of colour across the lids.
- Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner Pen in Black – If you’re not a fan of traditional liquid eyeliners, this pen style liner is the perfect alternative to create a sharp line.
- Bourjois 1 Seconde Volume Mascara in Black – This is one of my favourite budget mascaras, it works really well on my short lashes giving both volume and length.
- Chella Brow Pencil in Light Brown – I love this twist up style pencil, it has a super fine tip which is perfect for drawing in fine hairs.
- Carmex Lip Balm – When using a matte lipstick, always prep lips first so they’re in top condition before application. Carmex is a fab budget balm.
- Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 03 – I love a nude lip with a statement eye, and this shade is just perfect! 03 is a matte nude pink toned beige, it’s not too brown or yellow and really goes well with my complexion.
Rather than show you my whole face, I thought a zoomed in eye would be fun! I really love the Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner Pen, it’s perfect for creating an intense black sharp flick, and it’s super affordable too. If you’re looking for a softer look though, try a pencil eyeliner which can easily be blended or smudged.
I should probably mention now that this blog post is actually a competition entry! So I really hope you like it!? I was SO excited when I heard House of Fraser were looking to find a Beauty Ambassador, and I don’t usually enter blog competitions but I really would love to win this so so much, I though it was definitely worth a shot!
So what’s it all about? Basically House of Fraser are looking for a beauty blogger to become their Beauty Ambassador for the next 12 months. The Ambassadorship includes being a brand advocate, as well as £1000 of makeup, exclusive samples, invites and more. If you’re a beauty junkie like me, this really is beyond exciting!!
This would literally make my year, I love the fantastic beauty range that House of Fraser offer – I can’t not visit when I’m shopping in Norwich! So please do comment and share, and let me know what your think of this look! I’d love to hear if you’re a fan of Alexa? And who your beauty icon is?
I hope you enjoyed my post xxx
Bloglovin' | Email | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | RSS Feed | Google+ | Tumblr