I’m not sure where the year has gone but somehow it’s already mid November. We’re in the full swing of autumn, and over recent weeks I’ve noticed the makeup products I’ve been reaching for have gradually been changing. This wasn’t a conscious decision at all. I’ve just recently noticed the colours in my makeup bag have definitely changed with the season.
So I thought I’d gather together some of my current favourite seasonal shades to show you, some are old favourites, and some are brand new discoveries which I love. Enjoy!
Firstly, let’s look at the lipsticks! I just love autumnal browns, pinks and mauves. These shades of lipstick can easily take your look from summer to autumn with just one product. Here are some of my favourites –
- Illamasqua Glamore Lipstick in Kin. This beautiful shade is from the Earth collection, it’s an intense burnt red shade that reminds me of autumn leaves. I really need to pick up more Illamasqua lipsticks because the formula really is excellent, you get fantastic pigmentation with a long-lasting smooth satin finish.
- Tom Ford Lips & Boys in Guillermo – Ahh Tom Ford, the king of lipsticks. Guillermo is one of the shades I picked up when the Lips & Boys collection first launched, and it’s just beautiful. I love wearing this with a full on smokey eye for an evening vampy look.
- MAC Lipstick in Fast Play – I love this shade so much, it’s completely underrated in my opinion. I actually discovered it when I was searching for the perfect lip shade to wear to my wedding. You can see my original post here for more pics.
- Clarins Jolie Rouge Lipstick in 751 Tea Rose – Clarins’ Jolie Rouge lipsticks have a beatufilly creamy and silky formula, with a semi sheer finish. Tea Rose is a pretty light pink that’s really easy to wear. This is a fantastic go-to everyday lipstick.
Next I have a selection of pencils, including three eyeliners and a lipliner…
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Smoke – I actually received this mini eyeliner free with a Sephora order a while ago, and I’ve been in love with it ever since. Grey is a fantastic alternative to black eyeliner for a softer look, and Urban Decay’s Glide on Pencils are some of the best around.
- Pixi Beauty Endless Silky Eye Pen in Deep Plum – Ever since visiting the Pixi store in London for an event a few months ago, I’ve been loving their products and picked up a few more of their amazing Silky Eye Pens. The shade Deep Plum is a lovely shade that catches the light beautifully giving a hint of metallic purple.
- Kiko Colour Definition Eyeliner in 02 – If you’re a regular reader you’ll know I love Kiko products, and this beautiful and unusual shade of eyeliner is from the Rebel Romantic collection. Shade 02 is a deep warm brown, with the tiniest hint of reddish purple. It’s a creamy matte shade that’s perfect for wearing every day.
- NARS Lipliner in Borneo – Borneo is a lovely warm lipliner which I’ve found myself reaching for lately. It has creamy formula that perfectly defines the lips while preventing lipstick from bleeding and feathering throughout the day.
And a couple more beautiful lip colours…
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita – This is my first and only Kat Von D product, and I’m a little bit in love. Lolita is a stunning mauve that’s perfect for the 90’s lip trend that’s so popular at the moment, and it really is ever lasting! Make sure your lips are well prepared before application and this will literally last all day.
- Urban Decay Revolution High Colour Lipgloss in Liar – Another recent discovery, the Urban Decay High Colour Lipglosses really give fantastic intense pigmentation for a gloss. The shade Liar is a gorgeous muted mid pink. It’s currently living in my bag as I wear it all the time!
And lastly the beautiful Eye of Horus Sheba Mystical Goddess Eye Shadow Palette –
I haven’t used Eye of Horus products for a while, but I have a few of their eyeliner pencils which are fantastic, so I was excited to see what their brand new eyeshadow palettes were like. And as expected, I wasn’t disappointed!
The gorgeous Mystical Goddess Eyeshadow Palette contains three intense metallic shades in a slimline cardboard palette with a double ended brush. The shades are: Artifact – ivory with golden nude undertones, Enchantress – bronzed shimmering nude and Royal Abyss – a deep royal plum.
They all have a stunning high metallic finish, and are soft, blendable and easy to work with. They can also be applied wet if you wish for a more intense look. I really am very impressed with this palette, I’ll be getting a lot of use out of it over the coming months no doubt!
I’d love to hear if you have any of these products? And what your go-to beauty products are for autumn?
I hope you enjoyed my post xxx
This post contains press samples and products I bought myself
Bloglovin' | Email | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | RSS Feed | Google+ | Tumblr