I have a fab new MAC product to share with you today – this is the new Mellow Moderns x15 Eyeshadow Palette…
A carefully edited palette of 15 modern, neutral shades to create endless looks. The highly pigmented powder applies evenly and blends well. Can be used wet or dry. Available in a wide variety of textures and finishes.
I’m really impressed with the shade selection in this palette – there’s enough neutral shades to create quick and easy every day looks, as well as some darker and slightly more out there shades to help you create heavier evening eye looks.
As with most pre-made palettes, there are always going to be a mixture of hits and misses – if you know of a palette where every single eyeshadow is truly amazing, please let me know!
Ok so let’s take a look at the eyeshadows row by row…
- Beaded – Light shimmery beige.
- Goldmine – Gold shimmer with a frost finish.
- Chains of Love – Bronze shimmer with a frost finish.
- Cork – Golden brown with a satin finish.
- Persuade – Mid cool toned taupe with a matte finish.
Out of this row, Chains of Love is just gorgeous. It’s really well pigmented, buttery soft and leaves a beautiful shimmer finish.
- Retrospeck – Light beige with a lustre finish.
- Greensmoke – Olive grey with lustre finish.
- Felt – Green toned brown with a satin finish
- Print – Dark grey with a satin finish
- Carbon – Intense black matte.
Row two includes muted steely greys, blacks and a mid brown. Greensmoke wasn’t too great in this row, it seemed to give a lot of fall out without being very pigmented. Felt, on the other hand was fantastic, giving a true intense pigment that was easy to apply and blend.
- Orb – Soft peachy-pink with a satin finish.
- Luscious – Light bronze with a frost finish.
- Soft Brown – Soft peachy brown with a matte finish.
- Trax – Lavender-plum with a gold shimmer and velvet finish.
- Plummed – Dark burgundy plum with a veluxe pearl finish.
The last row includes probably both the best and worst eyeshadows in the palette. Trax looked gorgeous in the pan – kind of a deep lavender with a fine golden pearl simmer, but unfortunately the colour just didnt translate on application. On the other hand, Plummed is just beautiful, both in terms of colour and formula, as is Luscious and Soft Brown too.
Looking at the price, this palette is £49.50 for 15 pans. And just to break things down, single MAC eyeshadows are £13.00 each and refill pans are £10.00, where you get 1.5g of product. The pans in this palette are 1.3g each, which is ever so slightly less product, but you’re getting 15 pans here for £49.50, making them only £3.30 per pan – which really is fantastic value for money.
Overall, this is a pretty decent palette, and definitely good value for money. There were a couple of shades here that weren’t quite as good as I was hoping, but over all it contains a beautiful range of eyeshadows, and it would make a fantastic every day palette for creating a multitude of looks.
The Mellow Moderns palette is £49.50 and available now at MAC.
I hope you enjoyed my post xxx
This post contains press samples
Bloglovin' | Email | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | RSS Feed | Google+ | Tumblr