Too Faced have so many new products launching right now, there’s the 20th Anniversary Collection, the Tutti Fruity Collection, and not forgetting the brand new Christmas gift sets! Today however, I have some of their latest lipsticks from the Melted range – the Melted Matte-tallics…
Drench lips in an uber – luxurious, velvety matte formula that coats lips in a unique, brushed metal matte finish. The formula remains lighweight and comfortable with up to 24 hours wear, without compromising on the dazzling dimensional matte effect.
The Melted Matte-tallic lipsticks come in 13 shades, and the ones I have above are as follows –
- Faking It – a warm toned medium nude.
- Breakup Makeup– a pretty nude pink.
- Bitch, I’m Too Faced – an intense true red.
- I Wanna Rock With You – a deep burgundy.
- Scream My Name – an intense deep purple.
- The Real Teal – a deep blue toned teal.
- Magic Metal Transformer – different from the above lipsticks, the Transformer uses opalescent prismatic pearls to give the lips an iridescent finish. This has been made to use over liquid lipsticks, or on its own.
Firstly I must apologise as I just couldn’t get the photos of my swatches to do justice to the unusual metallic yet matte finish, so I’ve attached a stock photo of swatches which I think is pretty good. (Note the far right swatch is the teal shade with the Transformer on top)
The liquid formula is smooth and light, and feels comfortable to wear – it is slightly drying but I think that’s to be expected with most liquid lipsticks that fully dry down. Too Faced promise ’24-hour long-wearing color’ which I have no idea if it’s true or not. I’m not sure who could wear a lipstick for 24 hours straight! Anyway, the finish like I’ve already mentioned, is quite unusual. Too Faced describes it really well – ‘brushed metal’ is the term they use – metallic, yet matte. They kind of have a sheen, but no shine. It’s definitely something different! In terms of wear, they do last a long time, and are completely transfer proof when they dry down. I actually think these are pretty fun and different, and definitely worth checking out if you’re a Too Faced fan! My favourite shade is Breakup Makeup 🙂
Bloglovin' | Email | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | RSS Feed | Google+ | Tumblr