I’m a massive fan of fancy perfumes and fragrances, but living in the wilds of the Norfolk countryside means I don’t often get to sample anything more niche than what my local Boots has to offer – which is in fact, nothing! My local store doesn’t stock perfumes at all, boo hoo! When I headed to London recently, I spent some time in Covent Garden and had my sights set on visiting Bloom Perfumery, a niche perfumery with stores in Hanbury Street and Langley Court.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t find the shop, arrgh! My Google maps failed me this time! So I left London empty handed. The perfume Gods obviously felt my pain though because luckily last week an email pinged into my inbox letting me know that Bloom Perfumery have started offering a sample pack subscription for a limited time only. I signed up as quickly as I could, and now my first samples have just landed!
So basically the subscription costs £100, and for this you receive a years worth of samples on a monthly basis. Now I know this sounds expensive, but you get five samples per month (and this one actually has six in) So it’s only £8.33 per month including shipping when you break it down, which really isn’t very much at all. If I lived in London (or any other big city that had niche perfume shops) I’d just go to the store to sample their latest offerings, but if you happen to live a little further afield, I think this is a great option to satisfy your cravings for a new scent.
There are three subscription options available – for Her, Him and Unisex, which all cost the same price. Each option includes Bloom Perfumery’s bestselling perfumes which are selected according to season, aromatic group, and special occasions that are coming up such as Christmas or Valentine’s day. And they’ve also promised to include some surprise bonuses too, so I’m excited to find out what these are! Plus Bloom also very kindly include a nice little promo code with each pack as an incentive for purchasing full sized bottles from the sample selection.
I should point out that that even though these are decent sized atomisers, the samples are actually 1.6ml each, which is basically the size of the small glass tester vials you get. Even so, I still think for the chance to try five niche perfumes a month that I otherwise wouldn’t be able to, this is a fantastic deal.
The July pack includes a selection of summer florals:
- PG15 Ilang Ivohibé (Parfumerie Générale) – An imaginary scent of a rare fantastical flower, which only blooms on the tropical Comoros islands. Top: lavender, vanilla. Heart: Egyptian jasmine, iris butter, orange, ylang-ylang Base: patchouli
- Première Danse (Paul Emilien) – Inspired by the first dance of a debutante at a ball, the fragrance is a sweet gentle floral. Top: bigarade orange, black currant, Italian iris, mandarin. Heart: mimosa, vetiver, violet, Base: amber, benzoin, cistus, incense, white musk
- Néroli Blanc EdP Intense (Au Pays de Fleur D’Oranger) – Bright radiant and juicy with key notes of mandarin, neroli and honeyed orange blossom. Top: bergamot, mandarin, neroli, orange blossom, verbena. Heart: jasmine, rose Base: cedar, musk, vanilla
- Infanta en Flor (Arquiste) – Daring luxurious layered floral with a leather accord. Top: bergamot, cistus, immortelle. Heart: jasmin, leather, orange blossom, rose. Base: benzoin, musk, rockrose, tonka beans
- TARDES (Carner) – Musky woody floral with a shy elusive rose. Top: almond, Bulgarian rose, geranium. Heart: plum, Virginia cedar Base: heliotrope, musk, rosewood, tonka beans
- Mojito Chypre (Parfumerie Générale) – Modern Strawberry Chypre. Notes: aldehydes, labdanum, lime, oakmoss, mint, patchouli, rum, strawberry, vanilla, vetiver
I haven’t been able to try any of the scents yet as I’m already wearing a perfume today, and don’t want to mix them, but just from smelling the vials, my favourite of this bunch is definitely Néroli Blanc EdP Intense, I can’t wait to try them all out! I have a feeling this may become very expensive for me…
I’d love to hear what your favourite scent is? I hope you enjoyed my post xxx