It’s the that time of year again, the heat turns up, everyone starts baring a bit of skin.. and we all want a tan! Well I do anyway! I do like a good fake tan, I’m not a dedicated constant tanner by any means but when the sun comes out I do love to sport a golden glow! My skin is pretty much neon white though so it’s also always a concern to me that I’ll end up too dark and not be able to do anything about it except hide away for a week until it wears off. Anyway, the lovely guys at Monu have kindly sent me their Exfoliating Body Cream and Self Tan Foam to try out and let you know what I think! They assured me their Self Tanning Foam in Fair to Medium would be the perfect colour for me so I put it to the test!
All most people will know, it’s really important to prep your skin before tanning, otherwise the tan colour will cling to even slightly dry skin and you’ll be left looking patchy. The best form of prep is simply to exfoliate and then moisturise, taking care to especially moisturise the places where skin is naturally dryer, such as the knees, elbows and the back of the ankles.
So, I started off by showering and using the Exfoliator Cream –
- The gentle, effective action of TANWORX Exfoliating Body Cream works to polish rough, dry areas to refine and balance skin texture prior to tanning.
- A cool, refreshing body exfoliator that promises to smooth and rejuvenate the skin for an instant boost of radiance and vitality.
- Invigorates and enhances skin tone and texture, this is the perfect pre-tanning exfoliant.
- Use in the bath or shower prior to application of any of the TANWORX self tanning products.
- Wet the skin and massage the product all over, paying special attention to any rough, dry areas to ensure an even and long-lasting self tan.
I then moisturised all over and applied the Self Tan Foam –
- An easy to apply, streak-free Self Tan Foam provides an instant colour that develops and deepens into a healthy, bronzed glow.
- This tinted formula ensures you can see exactly where you have applied your tan, for an even, long lasting colour.
- A quick-drying, natural-looking, salon quality tan that leaves no residue.
- Available in two colours.
- Exfoliate before application and apply moisturiser to any dry areas of skin, but not to the entire body.
- Apply the lotion with a TANWORX application mitt to ensure a streak free result.
- Colour is instant and will intensify over a period of 3 hours.
- Wait 8 hours before bathing or showering.
- Moisturise daily to maintain.
So here are the results… I’m not crazy, honest! I only tanned onle leg for two reasons – one being to show you what the colour looks like compared to my very white other leg, and the other because I was slightly nervous about it being too dark! The mousse itself was a very dark brown colour, hence my nervousness! I didn’t have a mitt to apply it with either as recommended so I just used my hand. It applied really easily and even though it did look a bit streaky on application, this is washed off after 8 hours and I was left with a lovely even tan.
I think the tan actually came out a really nice colour! For those that tan regularly you may feel the colour is a bit light, but for milky and mysterious types like me this colour was perfect. I didn’t look like I had a tan as such, my leg just looked a nice healthy colour. The tan lasted about five days and luckily I had no issues with at all with it. Sometimes tan can leave you looking patchy as it wears of, so it’s important to keep moisturising to keep your skin in top condition. I remembered to moisturise a couple of times nd the tan seemed to wear of nice and evenly. This definitely get’s a thumbs up from me!
So what do you think? I’d love to hear what your favourite tan is?