Unless you’ve been living in a cave, all beauty addicts will know by now that the latest limited edition collection from Urban Decay has just landed. The Alice through The Looking Glass collection contains a stunning eyeshadow palette as well as five outlandish lipsticks, and you really do need them in your life – read on to find out why!
We can definitely relate to the Cheshire Cat’s proclamation, “We’re all mad here.” Urban Decay introduces the Alice Through the Looking Glass Eyeshadow Palette. Inspired by the new fantasy-adventure film release of Disney’s Alice Through the Looking Glass, in theaters May 27th, 2016, this limited-edition, pop-up palette is a trippy tribute to our favorite characters from the film. Using this visually stunning film as our inspiration, we painstakingly created the perfect mix of 20 ALL-NEW shades, then arranged them all in columns by character and put them in an intricately designed, collectible palette. Match up the columns to steal their looks or mix up these shades to create countless others. From softer shades inspired by Alice’s look in the film to bold, bright shades like those seen on the Mad Hatter, it’s all here.
Firstly, let’s take a look at the palette. This palette is EVERYTHING. You lift the top up to reveal a mirror, then pull up the tabs to reveal a 3D pop up butterfly – how awesome is that!!
It also has 20 all new and rather gorgeous eyeshadow shades hidden in a drawer underneath the butterfly, there’s matte, satin and shimmer shades in there, and of course a double ended brush as per usual from Urban Decay – it really is just as exciting to open up as I’d anticipated!
Ok so let’s take a closer look at the shadows – there’s a fantastic range of colours included in this palette, from soft nudes and browns, which are some of the easiest colours to wear, right through to some crazy bright and intense shades, such as Metamorphosis, an intense periwinkle blue, and Cake, a bright fuchsia pink shimmer.
I have done some swatches but I should point out that they really no not do these shadows justice I’m afraid, the colours are way more intense and beautiful in real life –
- Looking Glass – a pale pink demi-matte.
- Hatter – a vibrant green with micro-sparkle.
- Lily – an iridescent opal pink pearl.
- Heads Will Roll – a vibrant bright turquoise with gold micro-sparkle.
- Time – a black-navy satin with soft iridescent micro-sparkle.
Lily is just beautiful, and probably my favourite shade from this row, it has the prettiest iridescence to it that I wasn’t able to capture. Heads Will Roll is also a gorgeous shade that I can’t wait to experiment with.
- Reflection – a soft matte peach.
- Gone Mad – an aubergine purple with pink iridescent pearl.
- Duchess – a peach with a pink iridescent shift and micro-sparkle.
- Bandersnatch – a deep matte teal.
- Dream On – a metallic silver-lilac shimmer.
I love Bandersnatch! It’s such an intense matte shade, and Dream On is so sparky and shimmery, it looks beautiful when it catches the light.
- Dormouse – a warm brown matte with gold micro-sparkle.
- Paradox – a vibrant orange with gold pearl shimmer.
- Kingdom – a copper-bronze pearl shimmer.
- Salazen – an intense metallic crimson shimmer.
- Chronosphere – a deep metallic shimmer bronze.
The third row is definitely my favourite though, I love all the shades here, Paradox and Salazen have really caught my eye though, they’re buttery soft and so amazingly well pigmented.
- Metamorphosis – a vibrant periwinkle blue with micro-sparkles.
- Cake – an intense blue-pink with silver micro-shimmer.
- Chessboard – a medium brown matte.
- Royal Flush – a light cream shimmer.
- Mirror – a mid grey-taupe satin.
And on the last row, Metamorphosis and Cake are easily the stand out shades here – both are gorgeous and unusual.
And the lipsticks! There are five lipsticks in this collection, in an array of loud and outlandish colours…
- Time – Gunmetal-navy with silver shimmer.
- Alice – Sheer nude with pink shift.
- Iracebeth – Bright red matte.
- Mad Hatter – Bright purple shimmer.
- Mirana – Matte berry with tonal shimmer.
Apart from the shade Alice, these lipsticks really aren’t for the faint hearted! I love Time, a deep navy blue with a slight shimmer, and Iracebeth is absolutely beautiful, it’s a bright red matte, slightly on the pinkish side, but only slightly – this red is just stunning.
So what do you think? I must admit I’ve been completely blown away by these products – from the wonderful packaging to the superior formuals, Urban Decay really has hit the nail on the head with this collection. The palette is a fantastic bargain for £43.00 too when you consider how much product you get, and the lipsticks are also £16.00 each. Unfortunately they’re all sold out online and in most stores at the moment, but I have some good news for one lucky reader…
Yes, it’s giveaway time! I have one palette and one of each shade of lipstick to give away to one of you lucky lot, courtesy of the lovely guys at Urban Decay. To win the whole limited edition and highly collectable Alice Through The Looking Glass collection, all you need to do is enter via Rafflecopter below. The giveaway will be open internationally and it will run for four weeks. If you have any questions please feel free to get in touch – good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I hope you enjoyed my post xxx
This post contains press samples