I thought I’d write a bit of a tutorial today, you know Bourjois have released some awesome new eyeliners? Well I was missing one from my collection, the neon pink one – ‘Pink About You’ and one of my lovely blogger friends (Hayley from teapartybeauty) offered to send me hers as she said wouldn’t use it. Thanks lovely! Now pink eyeliner is definitely not for the faint hearted, and this colour is a proper shocking pink! I think wearing pink on the eyes can be tricky, so I thought I’d put together a little tutorial on how I wear this amaze colour!
I have to say, I think I’ve also found the secret to wearing pink eyeliner… It needs to be a true pink, preferably heading towards fuscia, and I think a cooler tone helps too. If you go for a more reddish or orangey pink I’d definitely recommend you not to wear it in the waterline, this colour would be closer to the red shade on the inside of your eyelids so just beware as you may end up looking like you have some sort of eye disease! 🙂
Ok so first of all, a disclaimer type thing! These images have been edited – but only slightly. I’ve just sharpened up the line between the pink and black eyeliner colours, and evened out the colour of the pink eyeliner (damn my wrinkly lids!) just to make them look better for you. But the colours are still definitely the same, they really are this bright!
So on to the tutorial!
1. I used W.O.S from the Naked Palette (a nude cream coloured matte) and covered the whole eye area with this, it’s the perfect colour for a base.
2. I then used Faint (taupe) from the same palette in the crease fairly lightly to add a bit of depth. And Venus (cream coloured shimmer) on the inner corners of the eyes to highlight.
3. Then I grabbed my Pink About You eyeliner and lined the whole upper lashes with a thick line and flick.
4. I went over this with a Barry M pen style eyeliner right near the lash line, making sure to leave some visible pink (if there’s not enough visible you can always thicken the pink line carefully after)
5. I also used Crave (almost black) from The Naked Basics palette under the bottom lashes, and I used Bourjois Dynamint eyeliner in the waterline.
6. Finish with Bourjois 1 Seconde Mascara. Done!
7. FYI I also used Faint on my brows as I couldn’t find my brow kit, it was the prefect colour! And Maybelline’s Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser on my under eyes to brighten.
Products Used –
- Bourjois Contour Clubbing Eyeliner in 58 Pink About You
- Bourjois Contour CLubbing Eyeliner in 59 Dynamint
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
- Barry M Blink Black Waterproof Precision Eyeliner
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in 60 Brightening Illuminator
- Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara
So what do you think? Will you be trying out pink eyeliner?? xxx