I always have good intentions, but I seem to constantly forget to do my end of the month favourites posts, so I thought it might work out better to do a weekly top five instead! The plan is every Sunday I’ll put together five things I’ve been loving from the previous week. This can be anything from beauty to fashion to food to TV, just anything I love. So let’s kick off week one!
1. Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Foundation (£30) I reviewed this foundation a while ago, and though I said it was a pretty fantastic foundation, I did also say it’s not going to be great for you if you have dry skin – which I do. But since I’ve been using my new ARK Skincare products I’ve noticed the dryness on my face improving, and because my skin has improved I’ve been using this powder for the last week or so and I just love it. It gives amazing coverage and only takes a few seconds to apply, so it’s perfect for when I’m rushing around in the morning.
2. Sanctum Soho Rose Slouching Wash Bag (£26) I’ve had this was bag for a while, and apart from the fact that it’s a pretty awesome looking bag for a wash bag, with it’s faux snakeskin effect finish and rose gold hardware, it’s also massive so you can fit all your stuff in it. Also because it’s so pretty it can double up as a clutch if you fancy. I’ve actually found it really useful for carrying my makeup and skincare around in lately – I have a LOT of makeup though. It would be way too big for most people to carry around as a makeup bag, but if you’re on the hunt for a fancy new wash bag for your travels, I’d highly recommend this.
3. ESPA Energising Shower Gel (£19) I actually won this from ESPA at Christmas time. They sent out a email and said the first x amount of people to reply would win a surprise, so of course I typed as fast as I could and I won one if their Energising Sets, yay! I’ve only just dug it out if the cupboard and started using the shower gel and I love it! It’s fresh and zesty, with eucalyptus and peppermint to revitalise and wake you up in the morning.
4. House. I don’t really watch TV as such, I’m mostly to be found on the laptop doing blog related stuff or working, but since discovering Netflix I’ve been binge watching some of their most popular series’. I started off with Orange is the New Black, then Gossip Girl, then more recently Hemlock Grove, and I’m now addicted to House, the grumpy doctor! It’s basically a medical version of CSI, so if you like CSI you’ll like House.
5. Rodial Super Acids X-treme Pore Shrink cleansing Pads (£38) I’ve been trialling these pore shrink pads out as well as some other brands’ targeted products to see which works the best at reducing the appearance of my enlarged pores. So far I’m absolutely loving these pads, I won’t go into too much detail as I’ll be writing up a full review soon, but they gently remove makeup and leave skin with a matte finish, and they also instantly reduce pores. I mean this is an instant, visible effect. I noticed it straight away and so did my husband. This stuff is good!
So that’s it for this week! What do you think of my new Weekly Top Five series?
I hope you enjoyed my post xxx
This post contains press samples.