I’m one of those people that has a love / hate relationship with festivals. I love the idea of a festival, the sunshine, the music, the atmosphere, but I’m not a big fan of the reality, which can be summed up with one word – portaloos. I went to the Isle of Wight Festival a few years ago, and despite my dislike for all things grubby, I have to say it was actually fantastic. Yes there were rather unsavoury portaloos, yes the food prices were extortionate and yes we had incredibly noisy neighbours in the tent next to us. But I actually wouldn’t have changed a thing. It was all part of the experience and I had the time of my life!
I also managed to burn my armpits. Yes you read that correctly, I burnt my armpits. We were chilling out in the arena, and it was in fact the hottest day of the year (of course) so I covered myself in suncream. Being super fair I’m always careful in the sun. What I didnt bank on though, was falling asleep, on my back with my arms folded behind my head, exposing my pits to the full midday sun. Excellent. You can imagine how it felt when I woke up. (Oh yes and thank you lovely friends for waking me up, eventually!) I then realised just how sensitive your pits really are! What an idiot!! Lesson learned though. And with this delightful experience in mind, I’ve put together a few skincare survival tips for those of you heading off to festivals this summer…
1. Use sun protection. Everywhere. See above for good reasons.
2. Take wipes. If you’re a seasoned festival goer then this needs no explanation, if not then be prepared to get very grubby very quickly. Most festivals have shower facilities now but you will need to queue for a looong time just to get a quick wash, so wipes are super handy for keeping clean in the meantime.
3. Stay hydrated. I’m talking abut your body as well as your skin. You’re going to be outside for most of the day, and especially if you’re not used to it be sure to drink plenty of water and keep skin moisturised.
4. Remove Makeup Properly. I’m a big fan of festival makeup, I love the bright colours, glitter, face paints, everything like that. Just remember to remove it all before you go to sleep – your skin will thank you for it in the long run.
5. Don’t skimp on skincare. Just ’cause you’re roughing it in a field for a couple of nights doesn’t mean your skincare routine needs to go completely out the window! Luckily Kiehls have you covered for every eventuality with their Festival Survival Kit, it contains a selection of must-have products to survive not only the hectic festival scene but also perfect for lounging on a beach or beating the heat in the city. Here’s what’s included in the set –
Kiehl’s Skin Rescuer (75ml) – This is a stress-minimizing daily hydrator that combats the appearance of the visible signs of stress on the skin such as fatigued, dull-looking skin and uneven skin tone.
Kiehl’s Micro-Blur Skin Perfector (30ml) – This lightweight formulation instantly refines the appearance of skin texture and minimises the appearance of pores for improved skin quality.
Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50 (60ml) – This ultra light formula intensely moisturizes the skin and utilizes a high level of sun filters to provide the skin with effective UVA and UVB broad-spectrum sunscreen protection. It also helps protect against the appearance of dark sports and wrinkles, and is safe for sensitive skin.
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser (75ml) – This gentle, pH-balanced liquid cleanser produces a foaming lather that cleanses skin of excess oils, dirt and debris. It’s formulated for all skin types, will not over-dry or strip skin of natural moisture and is tested for safety and gentleness.
Kiehl’s Creme De Corps (30ml) This all over body moisturiser is enriched with the finest ingredients known to Kiehl’s, and continued use for 10 days will improve the skin texture. Kiehl’s Creme de Corps is the most hydrating body moisturizer in the Kiehl’s line.
Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate (4ml) This instantly replenishes skin with moisture and contains 99.8% naturally derived Ingredients. Use at night to wake up with radiant skin.
This lovely bunch of products come in a handy zipped bag, and even though the set is on the expensive side, it really does include everything you need whether your going to a festival or on holiday. I’m really excited to be going to Radio One’s Big Weekend in Norwich this year! Luckily for me there’s no camping as it’s just a day event, but I’ll be sure to take my Kiehls’ products with me 🙂
The Kiehl’s Summer Festival Survival Kit is £94.00 and available now from Kiehl’s.
I’d love to hear if you’re going to a festival this year? I hope you enjoyed my post xxx
This post contains press samples.
Bloglovin' | Email | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | RSS Feed | Google+ | Tumblr