I must admit, in recent years I’ve been more of a lipstick fan than a gloss fan. I just haven’t found myself reaching for glosses as much. After trying the Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker collection though, my love for glosses has definitely been re-ignited.
These glosses are specifically made to plump up your pout. They remind me of Too Faced’s famous Lip Injection (from way back when) in the sense that they create a cooling and tingling sensation when applied. The Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Glosses feature ‘Superfill’™ Lip Plumping Spheres. (They’re like tiny, dehydrated sponges that expand when they get wet.) And ‘Lipswell’™ Natural Plant Oil Infusion – an extract that tingles and makes your lips feel instantly fuller.
The collection also has a new super-smooth formula, and they smell good enough to eat!
The collection contains five shades (L-R)
- Plums Up – the darkest shade of the collection, this is a pretty yet sheer natural nude shade with red and gold sparkles.
- Bare Enough – slightly on the peachy side, this shade is a light nude peach pink, with a hint of subtle sparkle.
- Rose & Shine – a light pink rose colour, with a cream finish – no sparkle.
- Candy Ocean – a light candy pink full of silver and pink sparkles.
- Super Peach – a pretty light peach with peach and gold sparkle.
- Nudestar – a high shimmer light nude beige shade.
- Spun Sugar – another high shimmer nude shade, slightly lighter than Nudestar, this appears clear with lots of shimmer and sparkle.
You can see the shades range from light pink to nude, to clear with sparkles. Usually I’m all about intense pigmentation, but I actually like that these are all sheer colours, it makes them so easy to wear. They will easily suit all skin tones, and can be used on their own or on top of other lip shades to add gloss or sparkle.
When it comes to the tingling sensation, I must admit it was more intense that I expected! These bad boys really do pack a punch! When you initially apply the gloss, there’s no sensation whatsoever, but after a few moments a cooling tingling starts to build up, and gradually intensifies. It’s slightly strange at first but by no means uncomfortable, and it lasted for about 20 minutes for me. My lips definitely felt plumper and more pouty, was it visibly noticeable though? I’d say on me the effect was slight, but obviously this will vary from person to person.
Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Glosses are £9.00 each available now from Boots.
I hope you enjoyed my post xxx
This post contains press samples