Valentine’s day is nearly upon us, and what better way to celebrate than with a gorgeous face of makeup and a bright statement lip? (Oh and preferably a nice meal, flowers, chocolates, perfume – I could go on…) You may have noticed that I love bold colours when it comes to lips so I thought I’d put together a little selection of some lovely lippies to inspire you…
1. Sleek Lip 4 Palette in Mardi Gras – £8.99 from Sleek Makeup
Sleek are one of my favourite budget beauty brands, and their lip products are some of the best around. Their 4 Lip Palette in Mardi Gras contains four amazingly bright lip shades – my personal favourite is the purple! It’s only £8.99 too which is a complete bargain!
2. Too Faced Melted Lipstick in melted Ruby – £19.00 at Debenhams
Too Faced’s Melted Lipsticks have to be one of my favourite ever lipstick formulas. With super high pigmentation these lipsticks appear perfectly opaque, and have the added bonus of not drying out the lips – and they also don’t transfer and last for literally hours on end. Too Faced now have quite a large shade range but I love Melted Ruby especially for a gorgeous perfect red Valentine’s lip.
3. Kiko Heartbreaker Makeup pouch and lip product set – £12.90 from Kiko Cosmetics
Kiko Cosmetics are offering a fantastic deal for Valentine’s day and beyond. Until 28th February you can purchase their exclusive Valentine’s Day Set for the bargain price of £12.90 (rather than £16.30) The set consists of –
- A Heartbreaker mini makeup bag with a bright pink glossy finish.
- A Smart Lipstick of your choice. This is a rich and nourishing lipstick with an instant and ultra silky glide. I have 912 which is a lovely intense pink shade.
- A Smart Lip Pencil of your choice. This is a creamy and blendable lip pencil with an intense, high-coverage line. I have 706 which is the perfect partner for the lipstick!
4. NYX Matte Lipsticks in 08 Pure Red and 18 Bloody Mary – £6.00 from NYX Cosmetics
I do love a matte lip, especially in bright colours, so at only £6.00 these NYX lippies will do the job without breaking the bank. Bloody Mary is a bright slightly pink toned red which will easily suit any skin tone, and Pure Red is a super bright slightly orange toned red, which is great for a more daring look!
5. MAC Lipstick in Impassioned – £15.50 from MAC Cosmetics
And of course, this wouldn’t be a lipstick post with out at least one MAC would it!? Impassioned is a lovely fuchsia shade with a super opaque and creamy Amplified finish that doesn’t make lips dry or uncomfortable in any way. I love this colour and could easily wear this lipstick every day.
Are you a fan of bright lipstick? I’d love to hear your favourites!
I hope you enjoyed my post xxx
This post contains samples provided for review