Today I have the wonderful NYX Professional Makeup Advent Calendar to share with you!
NYX is a fantastic mid-range brand offering affordable cosmetics in a massive range of shades. I think they can often be overlooked when it comes to high street brands, but they really do have some fab products – I love their Butter Lip Glosses especially.
Their 2018 ‘Sugar Trip’ Advent Calendar contains a selection of lip products, eyeshadows, highlighters, and one blush. All come in super cute mini sizes, and each of the powder products open up like little books – I’m not sure how practical these are (maybe they can be popped out to put in a palette) but they do look SO sweet. This is very much novelty packaging that’s perfect for Christmas, and I have to say I love it! The whole calendar is fun and colourful, and packed with a fantastic varied selection of NYX treats.
[otw_shortcode_quote border=”bordered” border_style=”bordered” background_color_class=”otw-silver-background” background_pattern=”otw-pattern-1″]Go on a sweet journey with the Sugar Trip 24 Days of Beauty Advent Calendar. Featuring fan-fave formulas in 24 new shades, this limited-edition collection takes you through our makeup-loving squad’s dreamworld. Uncover stunning lippies, like Soft Matte Lip Cream and Butter Gloss, as well as velvety eyeshadows, highlighters and blush along the way. From 10 blendable powders to 14 mid-size lip colors, this amazing assortment is your one-stop shop for treats.[/otw_shortcode_quote]
I should mention though, some of the shades included are pretty out there – expect to find cornflour blue, dark brown and black coloured lip products, which definitely won’t be everyone’s cup of tea. Most of the rest of the shades are pretty wearable though, and the powder products especially will be suited to just about anyone.
The lip products include –
- Butter Lip Gloss in Glaze-y Days
- Butter Lip Gloss in Sweet Nothing
- This is Everything Lip Oil in Candy Pop
- This is Everything Lip Oil in Cranberry Mint
- Lip Lingerie in Deep Rooted
- Lip Lingerie in Slip
- Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Starstruck
- Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Peanut Brittle
- Velvet Matte Lipstick in Fluff Piece
- Velvet Matte Lipstick in Sorbae
- Soft Matte Lip Cream in Kiev
- Soft Matte Lip Cream in Vienna
- Soft Matte Metallic Lip Cream in Nantes
- Slip Tease Lip Lacquer in Poppin’
And for the face and eyes –
- Eyeshadow in Sweet Tooth
- Eyeshadow in Whipped Mocha
- Eyeshadow in Twisted
- Eyeshadow in Deep Trouble
- Eyeshadow in Cookie Cutter
- Eyeshadow in Candy Stash
- Highlighter in Pop N Rock
- Highlighter in Cinnamon Spice
- Highlighter in Candy Cloud
- Blush in Lollipop Hop
Sorry I don’t have my own swatches for these, but happy to provide some if you want to see them, just let me know! Overall I think this is a fab little advent calendar, and would definitely suit someone that loves to play around with colour!