I have a fantastic bundle of new high street fragrances that have launched over the last few months to share with you today. This is quite a long list, so I’ll try to keep the descriptions pretty short. I’ve added a list of notes for each fragrance, as well as information on similar scents and ‘you’ll like this if..’ for each scent too – enjoy!
Starting with the gorgeous Lancome La Vie Est Belle L’Eclat EDT – this fragrance is easily one of my favourite launches of 2018. La Vie Est Belle L’Eclat opens with wonderful zesty, sparkling notes of mandarin, grapefruit and bergamot, leading to a shimmering floral heart, and a bright and warm base of Iris, Patchouli and, Ambroxan. This is a must try and would make a fabulous Christmas present for Lancome fans!
- Top notes: Bergamot Oil, Mandarin Oil, Tea Accord
- Heart notes: Neroli Oil, Sambac Jasmine Absolute, Orange blossom absolute, Rose oil
- Base notes: Iris Concrete, Patchouli oil, Ambroxan.
- Smells like / is similar to: Lancome La Vie Est Belle (original)
- You’ll like this if: you like zesty, fresh, feminine scents
Next, DKNY Stories EDP – this is a vibrant, oriental floral woody scent with a feminine edge, inspired by the dynamic pulse of the city. Stories is the perfect every day scent, that’s sweet, but not overly so, floral, feminine and captivating.
- Top Notes: Pink Pepper, Pink Guava Mousse, Black Cardamom
- Middle Notes: Jasmine Sambac, White Tea, Black Iris
- Base Notes: Vanilla Bean, White Sandalwood, Grey Amber Accord
- Smells like / is similar to: Mugler Womanity
- You’ll like this if: you like sweet, floral, oriental fragrances
Elie Saab Girl of Now Shine EDP is next – this is a beautifully radiant gourmand fragrance that opens with edible notes of roasted pistachio and juicy pineapple, before a heart of sunny ylang ylang, jasmine, ormond flower, almond and orange blossom. In the dry down, the earthiness of iris and patchouli combines with fuzzy vanilla, creating a trail that lingers with sensuality.
- Top Notes: Roasted Pistachio, Pineapple
- Heart Notes: Ylang Ylang, Jasmine, Ormond Flower
- Base Notes: Iris, Vanilla, Patchouli
- Smells like / is similar to: Elie Saab Girl of Now, but this is lighter and more floral.
- You’ll like this if: you like iris, almond, gourmand scents.
Next up is Nina Ricci Bella EDT – a vibrant fruity gourmand fragrance, Bella opens with a mouth-watering acidic rhubarb accord and the fresh and bold zest of green mandarin. In the heart, a rose jelly blends with rich floral facets of luminous freesia, and an indulgent base of white musk and vanilla adds warmth and smoothness to the accord.
- Top Notes: Rhubarb, Mandarin
- Heart Notes: Rose Jelly, Freesia
- Base Notes: Vanilla, White Musk
- Smells like / is similar to: Nina Ricci Les Belles Liberty Fizz from wayyy back on the 90’s
- You’ll like this if: you like syrupy sweet, fruity gourmand scents
Michael Kors Wonderlust Eau Fresh – think vibrant, carefree and endless possibilities. Wonderlust Eau Fresh is a luxurious interpretation of the original, opening with sparkling pink grapefruit, tart Granny Smith apples, and Italian bergamot. The lush petals of white peony evoke a softness at the heart, while pamplewood deepens the citrus effect as sleek woodiness adds dimension to the base.
- Top Notes: Italian Bergamot, Pink Grapefruit, Granny Smith Apples
- Heart Notes: Jasmine Sambac, White Peony, Muguet
- Base Notes: Pamplewood, Sheer Musk, Sandalwood Sri Lanka
- Smells like / is similar to: Michael Kors Wonderlust
- You’ll like this if: you like bright, breezy, vibrant scents
Salvatore Ferragamo Amo Ferragamo Hair Mist – technically not a perfume, a hair mist is a great alternative luxurious way to wear fragrance. This ultra-light spray is infused with the beautiful floral oriental Amo Ferragamo scent, to delicately fragrance your hair and uplift your mood.
- Top Notes: Italian Bitter Accord, Blackcurrant, Rosemary
- Heart Notes: Jasmine Sambac, Mate Absolute, Rhubarb
- Base Notes: White Vanilla Tahitensis Absolute, Ambrox, Sandalwood
- You’ll like this if: you like creamy gourmand, oriental scents
Next is Narciso Rodriguez Narciso Rouge EDP – a gorgeously seductive floral-woody fragrance with musky facets. Narciso Rouge was made for a woman who can’t help but seduce. Her magnetic confidence is the perfect match for this bold and daring scent; she’s not one to blend into the crowd, as her alluring and engaging presence captivates all in her path…
- Top Notes: Bulgarian Rose and Iris
- Heart Notes: Heart of Musc
- Base Notes: Tonka, Vetiver, Black Cedar and White Cedar
- Smells like / is similar to: Narciso Poudree, but warmer.
- You’ll like this if: you like musky, creamy, rose scents.
Mugler Aura EDT – this is actually the first Mugler fragrance I’ve tried in a long time, and I absolutely love it! Aura EDP is a glowing, fresh oriental botanical scent created around three distinctive and addictive ‘hearts’. The instinctive heart contains the tiger liana plant which is the guiding thread and signature note of this fragrance and features fresh, green, sweet, animalistic and smoky notes for instinctive femininity. The botanical heart is a duo of green and floral notes with a blend of rhubarb leaves and orange blossom absolute for an explosive and intense freshness, and the animal heart is the combination of bourbon vanilla absolute and wolfwood, a new silky enveloping wood with a sensual texture.
- Instinctive Heart: Tiger Liana
- Botanical Heart: Rhubarb Leaf, Orange Blossom Absolute
- Animal Heart: Bourbon Vanilla Absolute, Wolfwood
- Smells like / is similar to: Aura EDP – this is basically a lighter version
- You’ll like this if: you like fresh, dewy, clean scents.
Next up is Maison Margeila Mutiny – as a big fan of tuberose, I was excited to try this! Mutiny is described as a modern take on a timeless classic, it’s an oriental floral fragrance with ‘deconstructed’ tuberose, meaning different qualities of tuberose have been positioned in the top, heart and base notes of the fragrance. The result is a daring floral that reveals the true facets of the flower, combining tuberose with a warm leather accord.
- Top Notes: Mandarin Oil, Pink Pepper, Saffron.
- Heart Notes: Orange Flower, Sambac Jasmine Absolute, and Tuberose Absolute.
- Base Notes: Leather Accord, Bourbon Vanilla, Oud.
- Smells like / is similar to: Paco Rabanne Olympea Intense
- You’ll like this if: you like tuberose based fragrances
Marc Jacobs Daisy Love EDT – the latest flanker in the Daisy collection is Daisy Love EDT, an addictive sparkling gourmand scent with care-free, radiant florals. This gourmand radiant perfume reveals its first notes in a vibrant burst of sweet cloudberries. Delicate daisy tree petals mingle with sparkling cashmere musks and driftwood to create a lasting and memorable gourmand twist. This is a beautiful, easy-to-wear, every day scent.
- Top Notes: Crystalized Cloudberries.
- Heart Notes: Daisy Tree Petals.
- Base Notes: Cashmere Musks, Driftwood.
- Smells like / is similar to: Marc Jacobs Daisy
- You’ll like this if: you like sparkling, radiant, bright fragrances
Next we have Jean Paul Gaultier Scandal By Night EDP – the latest take on Scandal, Scandal By Night offers a deeper take on the original, where the creaminess of gardenia has been replaced with the sweetness of honeyed tuberose. Sticky and rich, the smoothness of tonka bean and sandalwood create an almond-like scent, kissing your skin with an addictive, almost-edible finale. This fragrance is wonderfully edible – a must try for fans of Jean Paul Gaultier!
- Top Note: Tuberose
- Heart Notes: Honey
- Base Notes: Sandalwood, Tonka Bean
- Smells like / is similar to: JPG Scandal (original) YSL Black Opium, Rhianna Reb’l Fleur
- You’ll like this if: you like warm, sweet, honey, gourmand scents.
Jimmy Choo Fever EDP – the latest fragrance from Jimmy Choo offers a floral gourmand with rich, sensual facets. Fever is fun, glamorous and tempting, opening with juicy lychee and grapefruit and sticky black plum nectar, leading to soft side of heliotrope to powder down the wild florals in the core. As the scent warms of the skin, addictive tones of roasted tonka bean and sweet, resinous benzoin are what gives Jimmy Choo Fever its multifaceted personality, creating a beautiful lingering aroma.
- Top Notes: Black Plum Nectar, Lychee, Grapefruit
- Heart Notes: Heliotrope, Vanilla Orchid, Jasmine
- Base Notes: Roasted Tonka Bean, Benzoin, Sandalwood
- Smells like / is similar to: YSL Black Opium, Kenzo Elixir
- You’ll like this if: you like sweet, spicy fragrances, or any other Jimmy Choo scent
Juicy Couture Oui EDP – this is a vibrantly rich and fresh fragrance, opening with the tart freshness of watermelon and lemon fusion, and the beautiful floral heart of sophisticated jasmine absolute paired with wild tuberose leads to a warming base techno woods, amber and musc. This would make a gorgeous new signature scent for somebody this Christmas!
- Top Notes: Water Lemon, Acai Tea Natureprint, Pear Infusion
- Heart Notes: Jasmine Absolute, Wild Tuberose, Dewy Honeysuckle Natureprint
- Base Notes: Techno Woods, Amber Resins, Captive Musks
- Smells like / is similar to: Marc Jacobs Daisy
- You’ll like this if: you like clean, fresh, girly scents.
And last but not least, the gorgeous Paco Rabanne Black XS For Her EDP – an electrifying floral oriental fragrance that’s both sensual and provocative. The scent opens with creamy ylang-ylang and tempting vanilla, before making way for a distinctive heart of warm popped puffed corn, musk and milkwood. The seductive base of sandalwood blends with hot ambrette seed to create an sensuous, intoxicating blend. This is the perfect evening scent, and the bottle is stunning too – be sure to add this to your Christmas list!
- Top Notes: Ylang-ylang, Vanilla
- Heart Notes: Popcorn, Musk, Milkwood
- Base Notes: Sandalwood, Ambrette Seed
- Smells like / is similar to: Black XS (original)
- You’ll like this if: you like intense floral oriental fragrances
So there we have it! Do you own any of these fragrances? Let me know! I’d love to hear which perfumes you’e loving right now xx
This post contains press samples