I’ve just received my second Lookfantastic surprise beauty box! Yay! Just in case you haven’t heard, last month Lookfantastic jumped on the beauty box bandwagon and started selling their own beauty boxes on a monthly basis. Each one is £15 and a complete surprise so you don’t know what you’re getting – but you’re guaranteed to get six items covering skin, hair, cosmetic and body products. There’s no subscription service available as yet but I’ve been told they will be setting one up soon.
You can read about September’s box – here.
This is what I received in October’s box –
- Korres Citrus Shower Gel 50ml. A 250ml bottle is £9.00, making 50ml £1.80.
- KMS Free Shape Quick Blow Dry Spray 75ml. A 200ml bottle is £11.45, making 75ml £4.29
- Balance Me Facial Expression Filler 15ml. This is full size, £22.00.
- This Works Sleep Plus Pillow Spray 5ml. A 75ml bottle is £25, making 5ml £1.78
- Loreal Pro-Keratin Refill Correcting Care Shampoo for Damaged Hair 100ml. A 250ml bottle is £10.99, making 100ml £4.39
- Loreal Pro-Keratin Refill Correcting Care Masque for Damaged Hair 75ml. A 200ml pot is £13.99, making 75ml £5.24
- Gatineau Collagen Expert Ultimate Smoothing Cream 15ml. A 50ml pot is £54.10, making 15ml £16.23.
The total value of this box comes to £53.93. I know it’s not all about the value but I like to know I’m getting my money’s worth, right!?
I have to say though, I do actually think I prefer my first box – and I’d also like it if the boxes were less focussed on hair care. Some makeup would be great too! (Hint hint Lookfantastic) I’m a bit disappointed with the This Works Pillow Spray, as this was also in the first box, so now I have two of them. The Korres shower gel smells pretty standard too, but I’m happy with the other products. At the end of the day though it’s only £15, which I’m happy to pay to get a box of beauty surprises! I think I’ll go for next month’s box too, and if I’m not totally satisfied I’ll make that my last one… I think 🙂
*Update* Ok it’s just been pointed out to me that the September box had the original This Works Sleep Spray and this box has the Plus version, so they are in fact different! 🙂
So what do you think? Did you get this box? Do you think it’s worth it? xxx