The Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation is not a new product by any means, I think it’s been around since early 2013 actually but I just never got round to picking one up. I haven’t tried any other beauty products by Giorgio Armani before either, so I was really excited when House of Fraser kindly sent this over to me to review…
Georgio Armani’s Luminous Silk Foundation is described as a silky, lightweight foundation, that captures the glow of perfect looking skin. I tend to go for this type of base rather than a matte finish as my skin is a bit of a pain and tends be be dry in places, and no matter how much I try to improve my skin, there’s always a least a bit of dryness going somewhere on my face! Foundations with matte finishes will more often than not highlight dry areas, and apart from that they just seem to not sit so well on my skin.
So this foundation really does sound perfect for my skin type, it’s an oil-free hydrating fluid with Georgio Armani’s exclusive Micro-fil™ technology. Its also described as lightweight, with a silky texture that glides on seamlessly for an all-day, buildable coverage.
Well, I can tell you this is definitely a keeper! I’d describe the coverage as medium, which can be easily built up where required. The liquid itself is super light weight, and it reminds me a bit of the YSL Fusion Ink Foundation but this is not quite as watery feeling, and it really does give the most natural, seamless ‘no-makeup’ finish. There’s no cakeyness, no creasing and no dryness with this foundation at all. It also has a super lightweight feel on the skin that’s so comfortable you don’t actually feel like yore wearing foundation, which I just love.
I have shade 3.5 which is perfect to give a hint of glow to my pale complexion, also this foundation comes 21 shades in all, so there should be something to suit everyone. I’d highly recommend it to anyone with dry skin like me that’s looking for a natural, no-makeup finish.
This fantastic foundation is also part of House of Fraser’s latest Beauty Confidential offer which has recently started…
With this offer, you can receive £10 off one of your favourite beauty products, when you buy one of House of Fraser’s 30 beauty favourites listed below –
- Crème de la Mer Moisturizing Cream 30ml £108
- Guerlain Kiss Kiss Lipstick £26.50
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion 125ml £30
- Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Foundation SPF40 £39
- Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder £35.50
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primers £29
- Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation 30ml £31.50
- Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup SPF10 30ml £30
- Estée Lauder New Dimension Shape + Fill Expert Serum 30ml £62
- Clarins Double Serum 50ml £69
- Clarins Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate 15ml £54
- Shiseido Ultimune Eye Power Infusing Eye Concentrate 15ml £48
- Lancôme La Base Pro Perfecting Make Up Primer 25ml £28.50
- Elizabeth Arden Superstart Skin Renewal Booster 30ml £45
- Nars Audacious Lipstick £24
- Clinique Beyond Perfecting 2-In-1 Foundation + Concealer 30ml £25
- Clarins Perfecting Touch 15ml £26.50
- Urban Decay Naked Palettes (all, including Smoky) £38
- Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Recovery Complex II 50ml £70
- Decléor Hydra Floral Multi Protection Light Cream 50ml £39.50
- Clinique Smart Custom Serum 50ml £68
- Lancôme Visionnaire Nuit Beauty Sleep Protector £60
- Kiehl’s Daily Reviving Concentrate Oil 30ml £36
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation 30ml £36.50
- Bobbi Brown Brightening Brick £34
- bareMinerals Get Started Complexion Kit £39
- Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Radiant Touch £25
- Lancôme Volume à Porter Mascara £22.50
- Benefit Roller Lash £19.50
- Nars Blush £23
This offer ends on Tuesday 22nd September, and you can check out the full details here.
House of Fraser stores nationwide are also hosting a variety of exciting Beauty Confidential Events throughout the month of September, where customers will have the opportunity to discover the products in the offer, get advice from the experts and enjoy a glass of bubbly too, so do take a look at their site to find out about your nearest event!
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (30ml) is available now for £36.50 from House of Fraser.
I hope you enjoyed my post xxx
This post contains press samples