It seems that MAC are really pulling out all the stops with their limited edition collections this year! The Star Trek collection celebrates 50 years of the iconic show, and to elebrate each of Star Trek’s powerful women, MAC will be releasing 25 limited edition products…
[otw_shortcode_quote border=”bordered” border_style=”bordered” background_color_class=”otw-silver-background” background_pattern=”otw-pattern-1″]Spanning half a century, Star Trek and its loyal fans cross generations, influencing ideas and aesthetics of gender, race and intergalactic potential. As the sci-fi saga continues, delight in the beauty of exploration as M·A·C and Star Trek’s latest cinema generation join forces in an exclusive makeup collaboration of cosmically charged hues.[/otw_shortcode_quote]
The collection contains a massive range of 25 products, inspired by Star Trek’s Deanna Troi, Uhura, Seven of Nine and the Orion Girl, Vina. It includes Lip Glasses and Lipsticks, eyeshadows, nail polishes and brushes to name but a few items. Let’s take a look at some of the products –
Starting with the Trip The Light Fantastic Powder (£26.50) – this beautiful powder comes with a pretty marbled finish that you almost don’t want to touch! Strange New Worlds gives a lovely luminous peachy coral glow to the complexion.
- Luna Luster – sheer wash of soft rose shimmer
- Strange New Worlds – sheer wash of golden coral pearl
- Highly Illogical – sheer wash of golden plum with fine pearl
I also have a Superslick Liquid Eyeliner, a Lipglass and a Lipstick…
The Lipsticks (£17.00) come in four different shades, with frost and lustre finishes for a real sci-fi look! I have Kling-It-On, a sheer purple frost with a fine pink glitter – it’s a really unusual shade that I was initially quite unsure of, but I actually think it looks great on.
- The Enemy Within – neutral gold shimmer (frost)
- Where No Man Has Gone Before – pink with gold pearl (lustre)
- Kling-It-On deep purple with fine pink glitter (frost)
- Llap – icy rose champagne (frost)
There are also five Lipglasses (£16.50) in the collection – I have shade Set to Stun, which is a futuristic silver pearl shade, which looks great on its own, and also works well over darker lipstick shades.
- Pleasure Planet – muted gold shimmer
- Khaaannnn! – berry with red reflect
- Set to Stun – light silver with gold pearl
- Warp Speed Ahead – plum with blue and pink reflects
And I also have one of the Superslick Liquid Eyeliner’s (£17.50) – Now I’m personally not the biggest fan of liquid eyeliners, but I absolutely love MAC’s liners and Pure Show really is a must have! It’s a gorgeous shimmery golden shade, and once it dries it literally won’t budge all day.
- On the Hunt – true black
- Nocturnal – bright silver pearl
- Pure Show – bright yellow gold pearl
There are also a load more products in the range which are definitely worth checking out –
Pressed Pigment Eye Shadow (£17.50) –
- To Boldly Go – reddish copper pearl with sparkle
- Midnight – cobalt blue with pearl sparkle
- Bird of Prey – dark olive green pearl with sparkle
- The Naked Time – taupe pearl with sparkle
Studio Nail Lacquer (£11.00)
- Skin of Evil – yellowish green with black chunks (frost)
- Holla-Deck – gold sparkle (frost)
- Enterprise – silver chrome (frost)
Haute & Naughty Too Black Lash in black (£19.00), Lash in Wink of an Eye (£11.50), and brushes in 184 Duo Fibre Fan Brush (£20.00) and 246 Synthetic Fluffy Eye Brush (£20.00)
The MAC Star Trek collection is available now at Selfridges.
I hope you enjoyed my post xxx
This post contains press samples