It’s time again for the yearly round of up all things beauty! So I’ve pulled together all the stand out items from 2014 and put them in one handy post for you. There were actually SO many great products this year, it was really hard to keep the list down to a sensible number, I managed to cut it down to a fairly reasonable 14 items though, and I’ve included a quick paragraph about each product and links to my individual reviews if you want to read into them further. Enjoy!
1. Charlotte Tilbury Eyeshadow Palette in The Dolce Vita. This was my first Charlotte Tilbury eye product and it’s just the most beautiful palette I’ve ever seen. The shades are stunning both in colour and texture, and they apply like a dream! I now have the Supermodel set too which I’ll be reviewing shortly so keep your eyes peeled for that!
2. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. This palette contains the softest, most finely milled pressed powders I think I’ve ever come across. I use this palette to highlight and give an all over glow which really makes the skin look lit from within. This was an expensive product but in my opinion it’s definitely worth every penny.
3. Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. I’d been itching to get my hand on this for a while, and when I finally did, I wasn’t disappointed. The Chocolate Bar palette contains enough shadows to create a multitude of looks, from day to night, and everything in between. Again it’s not cheap, but I’d highly recommend it.
4. Super Facialist Tea Flower Purifying Cleansing Wash. This unassuming budget cleanser has actually been my go-to cleansing product for quite a while. I’m now on my second one and I love how it gives my skin a lovely matte finish, without drying at all, and it also noticeably reduced pores!
5. Indeed Labs Hydraluron Moisture Jelly. Along with their Moisture Booster Serum, Hydraluron products have literally saved my skin this year. I apply this regularly to my face, which just drinks it up leaving my skin feeling fresh and hydrated all day.
6. YSL Fusion Ink Foundation. I feel that this foundation really was a breakthrough product in 2014, it has such an unusual ink-like consistency that really is a joy to apply and wear. I can’t wait to see what else YSL has up their sleeves for 2015!
7. YSL Black Opium EDP. Black Opium has to be one of my favourite fragrances from 2014. As soon as I read reviews on it I knew I had to try it, and I’m so glad I did. This is now one of my go-to fragrances that I wear on a regular basis.
8. Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Liqueur. Sleek are a fantastic budget brand, and this lipstick has not left my makeup bag since I received it (actually it’s my second one) It’s the perfect ‘my lips but better’ shade. It’s creamy and doesn’t dry at all, and it’s under a fiver too!
9. NARS Audacious Lipsticks. I’m in love with the Audacious formula. I now have four lipsticks from this collection and I love them all. The colour payoff is amazing, and they’re lovely to wear too. They’re pretty expensive at £24 each but more than worth it in my book.
10. Glo & Ray Shimmer Shimmer Lipsticks. Glo & Ray have really made a big impact on me since I discovered the brand earlier this year. If you’re a regular reader you’ll probably have noticed I always rave about their products! Their Shimmer Shimmer lipsticks really are fantastic value for money – they have amazing quality whilst being cheaper than MAC, so these are definitely a winner for me!
11. Anastasia Beverley Hills Contour Kit. I’ve had the Anastasia Contour Kit for a while but haven’t actually got around to reviewing it yet. It’s not cheap but it really is a fantastically handy palette – including six shades it has everything you need to contour your face to Kardashian perfection.
12. Bourjois 1 Seconde Mascara. I’m a big fan of Bourjois products and as soon as I tried their 1 Seconde mascara it became my go-to mascara of choice. I have super short lashes and this product really does thicken and lengthen better than any mascara I’ve tried yet.
13. Too Faced Melted Lipsticks. You knew the Melted Lipsticks had to be in here! They are SO amazing. I now own three full sized, and the mini set of four. I’ve just seen that Too faced have released some new shades too, so as soon as they’re available at Sephora I’m going to snap them up!
14. Bourjois Contour Clubbing Eyeliners. I’m the bigghest eyeliner fan ever, and whichever brand I try, I always find myself going back to Bourjois Contour Clubbing Eyeiners. They’re affordable, I can buy them in the small town where I live, and they come in a massive rage of colours – amazing!
I’d love to hear which products you loved in 2014?
I hope you enjoyed my post! xxx